Sunday, March 29, 2015

Ranger Cookies

 A great abundance of the recipes in my old worn out recipe box have been given to me by family and friends.  It's fun to make something and think of the memories attached to the stained and tattered recipe card.  I was digging through my recipe box the other day in search of some cookies to make.  I had that sweet tooth gnawing at me and I had to make something quick!  I pulled out my old Ranger Cookie recipe and immediately thought of my sweet Great Aunt May Homer who I received the recipe from.  She was my Dad's Aunt, married to his Uncle Russ Homer.  Aunt May was a petite, gentle lady who was just so kind.  She always sent birthday cards every year and on other special occasions.  and she always wrote the most eloquent messages on her cards that were uplifting and made you feel amazing.  You knew you were loved when Aunt May sent you a card.  She definitely had a gift of the written word. She passed away many years ago but I will always smile as I pull out her recipe card.








No comments:

Post a Comment