Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies


The start of school last week meant it was back to making lunches for Easton.  He absolutely loathes school lunch and really would prefer it if I packed him a lunch everyday.  It seems like a small gesture to show my son some love so I do it when I can.  I like to include a homemade treat each day so I will make a big batch of cookies at the beginning of the week, place them in individual, small single-serving zip lock baggies and pop them in the freezer.  Then I just pull one out in the morning, toss it in his lunch and he has a little homemade tasty treat in the lunchroom at school.  And it's a great way to send a little mommy love!  I like to make cookies on Sunday evening and prepare them for the week.  One of our favorite homemade cookies around here is my version of Cranberry White Chocolate Chip cookies.  I got this recipe from my sister's friend about ten years ago.  Of course, I tweaked it until I felt I had the perfect creation.

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt (I use less salt than called for because my butter has salt in it)
1 tsp soda
2 TBSP water
2 Cup flour
1 Cup craisins
2 Cups oats
1 Cup white chocolate chips

Cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Then add salt, soda, water, and flour.  Mix thoroughly.  Then add craisins and oats and mix.  Finally add white chocolate chips.

Drop on cookie sheets with small ice cream scoop so that cookies are uniform in size.
Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes.  I always bake my cookies to barely doneness (is that a word?) so that the middle of the cookie will stay nice and soft when they cool.  I am constantly checking the oven.  When the edges are barely brown I remove them and allow the cookies to cool for about 1 minute and then remove them with a spatula onto a cooling rack.
After cookies are cooled I load up the zip lock lunch bags with two or three cookies each and plop them in the freezer.  We are now ready for a week of school lunches!

1 comment: